Virtual Radar (ViRad)
ViRad is a library of tried and tested C++ classes for radar simulation, signal processing and performance modelling. It allows us to construct a wide range of reliable, bespoke, radar applications in a timely and cost effective manner. ViRad has been used by MoD and radar primes to analyse trials data to assess radar performance and to de-risk upgrades to radar signal processing.
- Technology Demonstrators. Rapid prototyping of complete radar processing and display implementations
- Emulations of existing systems. replicate signal processing and HMI of an existing radar
- Full implementations on target hardware. In-house experience of implementing radar processing algorithms on target hardware
- Simulation. simulate raw radar data at a pulse-by-pulse level and use full system processing and HMI
- Trials analysis tools. Replay data, extract statistics, compare performance with models